Wednesday 25 August 2021

Earth friendly composting

Have you ever wondered that by doing Composting it provides us with such good nutrient foods? 

What is it?

Instead of throwing old banana peels and rotten fruits and vegetables, have you tried using compost? It's not only good for throwing away old stinky food but it’s also good for the environment. Composting is an environmentally good way for nature. 

How is it made?

 In our everyday lives we eat lots of protein food like vegetables and fruits that are very healthy. Those healthy foods are made from compost. Bugs and worms produce compost which usually looks like dirt. Bugs and worms are special and they play a very big role in our ecosystem. They are the decomposers whose jobs are to break down dead old organisms making lots of nutrients available to the primary composers. The foods inside the compost have a colour combo usually they are green for vegetables, fruits and brown for leaves/hay.

The benefits of composting

Not only do we get protein food but they also get protein food as well because the old food we give to the earth’s friendly decomposers are eaten by themselves and our food is protein to them so it's like an equal deal we get protein food and so do they. 

We should be very thankful for the everyday food that is provided by our earth's friendly decomposers and all the others. So remember to think about who helped us provide the lovely vegetables, plants and fruits.

4 comments:

  1. That is a very good explanation Sreelakshmi well done. Do you have compost at your house? If not maybe you could start one over lockdown. I have been busy in my vegetable garden and yes I've been using compost. God Bless Mrs B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs B thank you for the lovely comment. No I do not have a compost at my house but I do wish to have one I think I should start one over lock down like you said. I hope to see you back in school again...

    Ma te wa
    Sreelakshmi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Sreelakshmi,

    I like that you mentioned composting can help produce nutrient rich 'food' for plants and yes this is exactly what compost is great for. Nice touch adding an image of a compost heap too. Next time it would be even better to proofread some of your ideas and check for too much white space before publishing.

    Ma te wa,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miss Hickling, Thank you for the lovely comment. I glad enjoyed my report about compost. Yes next Time I will definitely proofread for mistakes and check for too much white space before publishing Thank for the advice...Hope to see you back in school again...

    Ma te wa,
    Sreelakshmi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.