Monday 20 December 2021

Summer Learning Journey - Sail Ahoy Nanogirl...

Ahoy, Me Hearties! I'm a pirate! I sailed the seven seas on my ship with my best mate SIM-SIM... Today's task was to make something that floats. So I thought of making a boat. I made it out of an old egg carton, glad wrap, two sticks, tape, blu-tack and paper. Things that have air in them can float well, like a stick but things that have no air in then like a rock can sink. My boat took about one minute to make. Here are the instructions on how to make my homemade boat that I created. Firstly, cut an egg carton about how much you want your boat to be big as. Next use glad wrap and cover the whole boat. Secondly, Tie the glad wrap on the bottom of your boat using something stable like a string, rubber band or tape. I used my hair tie because I wanted to make my boat quickly so that was the only thing I could find. Thirdly, This is optional if you want to make some sails on your boat, then you can cut a piece of paper tape some sticks together using tape, glue or blu-tack. I used blu-tack to stabilize the bottom and I used tape to stabilize the middle and also the top of the sails. AND OTI FINISHED! Here is my Boat...

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Sreelakshmi,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the summer learning journey.

    What an awesome Nano Girl activity I used to love making origami boats when I was a kid and racing them down the river with my brother!

    I think you did an amazing job introducing and explaining the activity, sharing instructions on how to make your own boat and including your results. You completed this activity in a very scientific manner.

    It is great that you included videos as well so we could see how your boat held the weights differently.

    What would you change about your boat to improve it?

    Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your posts during the Summer Learning Journey!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Zana,
    Thank You for your amazing comment... I'm glad you like my boat. I would like to improve my boat by using stem energy...I too also love making origami boats...I really appreciate this :):):)...

    Kind Regards,
    Sreelakshmi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.