Friday 24 December 2021

Summer Learning Journey - Ho Ho Ho I Caught Santa's Cat Christmas handed...

 Ho Ho Ho Everyone... Let's sing a song Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock Jingle bells swing and jingle bells ring Snowin' and blowin' up bushels of fun Now the jingle hop has begun! Meri Kirihimete Merry Christmas... It's that special time of year everyone enjoys and it's called Christmas. Do you love Christmas? Well I do... Another one of my secrets is about to be revealed... I've actually seen Santa's cat before... Today's activity today was to learn about The history of Christmas cards... Did you know that the first Christmas cards were sold in London in the year 1843? They were illustrated by an artist called John Callcott Horsley. Our create part was to make a Christmas card for our family members. So I thought of giving my cards to my parents. But sadly they were busy and had to go to work. So then I thought of giving my amazing followers my Christmas card... Even though I can't actually give it to you guys... I hope everyone has an safe/amazing Christmas, New Years and a fantastic Summer or Winter Holidays....




6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Sreelakshmi,

    Great work with your Christmas card! It is very special and creative and I hope you had fun making it! I’d love to see the full photo of your card if there is one?

    I love how Christmas-y your post is, very festive and fun! I also love Sim-Sim the red nose cat!

    Are you making more cards for your whanau? I enjoy making cards but I didn't have time this year :(

    Great work researching some facts about Christmas cards. I didn’t know that Christmas cards were first given nearly 180 years ago, that's a long time! I wonder what they looked like?

    I hope you and your whanau (and Sim-Sim) have a great Christmas and a wonderful summer. Keep up the awesome and creative mahi.

    Ngā mihi,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren,
    Thank You for commenting on my blog I really appreciate this so much... I'm glad that you like my Christmas card... Actually the card is more like a Christmas ornament. So I thought of hanging it up on my Christmas tree... And that is the full photo of my card/Christmas ornament. Yes making Sim-Sim the red nose cat was very funny to make and I absolutely love it...So does Sim-Sim my pet cat... Sadly no my whanau are all busy and don't have time to take my cards. Yes me to I didn't no Christmas cards were first given nearly 180 years ago until I watched a video about it... Thank You... I wish you a wonderful Christmas and a great summer too:) :) :)...

    Kind Regards,
    Sreelakshmi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Sreelakshmi,

      You're very welcome for the comments. My apologies, I see now its an ornament! Did you end up hanging it on the Christmas tree?

      I hope you had a lovely Christmas and found some time to spend together with your whanau.

      I'm looking forward to seeing your next blog post (and possibly more Sim-Sim content!)

      Ngā mihi,
      Lauren

      Delete
  3. Hi Lauren,
    Thank You Once Again For commenting on my blog... Yes I hung it up on the Christmas tree and everybody loved it so much! My parents took a day off and I got to say it was the best Christmas ever... I had a fantastic Christmas... I will definitely be posting more Sim-Sim content on my blog :) :) :)...

    Kind Regards,
    Sreelakshmi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora anō Sreelakshmi,

      The best Christmas ever!! Wow! I am glad you had an enjoyable time with your whanau on Christmas. Awesome to hear that everyone liked your Christmas decoration on the tree, you must be very proud.

      Hope you're having a fantastic day.

      Ngā mihi,
      Lauren

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.