Thursday 23 December 2021

Summer Learning Journey - Kia Ora, Nǐn hǎo, Namaste, Gluten Tag, Bonjour, Malo lelei, Kia orana

What do you do on Saturday? Why do you think Saturday is called Saturday? Should we call Sunday Sunny day? Is Sunday called Sunday because it's a sunny day? Let's hold my weird wacky questions there for now. If you are new to my blog you need to know a very special/important secret about me which is that you will never forget my blog because I am basically the only person who has strange and unusual intros plus titles for each blog post that I do... But guys remember that being strange and unusual is COOL... It's what makes me be me. It's what makes you be you... We are all human beings... We are all unique and funny in our own ways and we have to appreciate for being who we are. Today's activity was to create a Poem about what we do on Saturdays... This was our learn part. We had to create our own version of our poem and to get some ideas we could see a poem created by Margaret Mahy. Our create part was to go on Minecraft Education to plan the Journey. Sadly I could not log onto Minecraft Education. So there were some other stuff to do like create it using paper and pen, lego or make a 3D version using the things you have around your house. My schedule was very busy today so I just thought of publishing the poem that I created instead. I hope you enjoy it!

 Good morning, sun

Good morning, little winds that run!


 Good morning, sky

Good morning, birds 

Good morning trees

And creeping grass, and brownie bees!


How did you find out it was day? 

Who told you night had gone away?

I’m wide awake

I’m up now, too

I’ll be right out to play with you!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Sreelakshmi,

    It's Charlotte here, one of the commenters from the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey!

    Your poem was awesome! I like how you talked about hearing the birds and trees when you wake up in the morning, this is my favourite part about getting up early!

    If you have any time during your day or even later this week I would really enjoy seeing another attempt at the original activity. Great job for still posting this - it can be hard to get everything done when you have a busy schedule!

    Ngā Mihi Nui
    Charlotte Visser
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Charlotte,
    Thank You for commenting on my blog... I really appreciate this so much... I'm glad you like my Poem. Yes I will definitely go for another attempt at the original activity... Once again Thank You so much :) :) :)...

    Kind Regards,
    Sreelakshmi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.