Monday 20 December 2021

Summer Learning Journey - Free Hummer for the Summer Lets Poetry Slam It!

Incase If you guys were wondering about the title no I do not have a Hummer sadly. But one day when I'm older I want own a Dune buggy or Humbug which is basically a Hummer pulse a Dune buggy... One CRAZY fact about me is that my favourite vehicle is a Dune buggy! Today for the Summer Learning Journey our task was to create a Kenning. Kennings are like a riddle. Each line in a kenning has only two words, these words are joined as using a hyphen. They describe something without saying what it is. Kenning were originally used in Old Norse and Anglo-Saxon poems. This is what I learned about what a Kenning is... So now you know what a Kenning is! For this activity we had to create a Kenning/poem about Summer. My poem is not really based on summer but on the sun. But it worked out because the sun is apart of summer. So Maybe I should change my Kenning and also I should add a recording of my voice to my Kenning. Do you like my Kenning? What do you think I could change next time? Tell me in the comments... 

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Sreelakshmi,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the summer learning journey.

    You did an amazing job with your kenning and I like that you did yours focusing on the sun as I agree the sun is definitely a big part of summer.

    It is cool to know that you love dune buggies, have you ever been in one before?

    Using this activity as an opportunity to use new words is a great way to extend your vocabulary so I definitely encourage you to give that a go and including a voice recording of you reading your kenning would be a great way to step up your post!

    Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your posts during the Summer Learning Journey!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Zana,
    Thank You for your lovely comment. I'm glad that you like my summer kenning...Yes I have once been in a dune buggy before it was an amazing experience. I also think I should include a voice recording for next time...I really appreciate this Thank You once again :):):)...

    Kind regards,
    Sreelakshmi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.