Tuesday 11 January 2022

Summer Learning Journey - Your Dish Is My Wish Command...

Tasty or Yucky! Sometime dishes are tasty or yucky... Today's meal is cooked by a  highly professional cook who only cooks very very exquisite food. On today's menu is Roasted Cicadas with Salad. The cook has made this with the mind of art as you can see. The tomato's are finely fresh and chopped. The onions certainly have a deliciously with each and every bite. The chinese cabbage also known as Bok choy is one of the finest vegetables. The cicadas are deep roasted so they are crispy and crunchy. I'm guessing you guys might be wondering that today's activity is about food or something to do with cicadas well that is right. Today we were learning about cicadas and how so many people in the world eat cicadas. Did you know that cicadas have one of the longest insect lifespans? Our create part was to make our very own dish with cicadas in it. Did you know in france people eat snails? Remember not to eat bugs or snails outside your garden because they might be poisonous. Have you ever ate any insects before? The difficult part for me was to set out my dish and get an idea of how I could make it. The master behind this amazing dish is SREELAKSHMI! Do you like my dish? Tell me in the comments...

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora

    Sreelakshmi

    It is me Quein again a blog commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. This is a super blog post. I really enjoyed how you wrote the blog post to encourage your fellow bloggers to engage with the blog post. I loved your introduction as you start with a recipe to cook cicadas that definitely captured my attention and will capture your fellow bloggers. The dish looks amazing and it is Great to see that you have put a lot of thought into what ingredient you were going to use. I was impressed that you thought about the taste that each ingredient would add to the dish. Overall this is a very engaging and creative blog post and it is awesome to see that you put a lot of thought and effort into the activity- Ka pai!!!!

    I have only tried cicadas once whilst on a hike they tasted okay, I think it is a fantastic idea to add chocolate to them. A lot of things always taste better with chocolate. Have you ever tried eating a cooked cicada before?

    Keep up the Super work I look forward to your next blog post!!!

    Ngā mihi,

    Quein


    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Quein,
    Thank You for commenting on my blog... I really appreciate this so much... I'm glad you like my blog post and my dish. Yes chocolate makes a lot of things taste better. Maybe next time I should make a cicada chocolate dessert. I have never eaten any cooked cicada before. But I would want to try some. Thank You Once again :) :) :)...

    Kind Regards,
    Sreelakshmi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.