Friday 14 January 2022

Summer Learning Journey - There's A Woman In A Gown In My Town!!!

Who is she? Why is she there? Why does she look like a boy? Is that a cat in disguise? Well it's certainly the time to find out! Maybe it's a secret agent working to steal valuable items. One valuable item is the key to the town... It is only given to the mayor. The key to the town has been passed on for centuries. It is always kept in the town hall in a secured safe box with a secret password. But it has been stolen by someone and I think it's the cat. First we asked Catrina the mayor's best friend but Catrina replied ''I was walking in the park with the mayor.'' Then we questioned the cat so we asked the cat about anything the cat knew about this but the cat simply replied ''I was in the diner all morning working on my new novel and eating cranberry donuts.'' Lastly, We asked the mayor's landlord about anything he knew but he replied ''I was just taking pictures of birds and anything else going on around town.'' Today's activity is something to do with making a town map you might be wondering. We had to learn about the different types of lines on a road. Our create part was to make a map of my town or an imaginary town. I choose to make an imaginary town. We also had to use different types of lines and shapes which are listed on the my town template. I found it difficult to get an idea of how I could create my imaginary town. For next time I should add a dental clinic, Carnaval and a  desert. Well back to the story! We didn't have much to go on so we thought of getting a quick snack at Jerry's diner and looking through some of the landlords photos. The landlord was bird watching and taking photos that we thought were about to break the case. There was this one photo which we laughed at a lot the landlord sat on a pile of leaves and was wiping his butt. I asked the waitress to give me a cranberry donut. But the waitress replied that ''we hadn't had those in weeks!'' ''But the cat said he was here all morning eating cranberry donuts and working on his novel!'' The waitress said ''not here he didn't'' We immediately ran to the mayor and informed him this. We were talking in his car about what we thought was going on. When you left the town hall to go on a walk in the park with Catrina. The cat snuck in and stole the key avoiding the landlords camera and stashed the key somewhere safe. Suddenly the cat approached and had a box and gave it to a mysterious person wearing a suit and glasses. We catched the cat and took him inside and questioned him one more time. The mysterious person burst in through the door and says ''Stop you've got the wrong cat!'' The mysterious person reveals herself and to the friends shock they see Catrina. Catrina told them the true story full of lies, tasty desserts and sweets. I wanted to make something special for the mayor. So I thought of making a special mayor send off cake. So I hid the cake in the same place where the mayor always puts the key safe in the mayor's safe. I used the same code the mayor always uses and put the cake in there which I found was a terrible idea when the mayor said ''Better get to town hall to check if the key is in they same spot where I left it as safe in mayor's safe!'' The mayor was about to find my cake so I called the only person who could get it in time the cat. Well that explains everything. The mayor said ''Except for one thing which is that I still don't know where the key to the town is!.'' Catrina threw away the cake and left. I looked at the photos of the landlord sitting on a pile of leaves and wiping his butt. We looked outside and saw the key in trash. I said to my best friend ''Like a leaf stuck to the landlords butt that key was stuck on the bottom of the cake. Now all we need to do is get the key back and then our mayor's reputation will be saved. ''Oh wait it's garbage day!" We rode a bicycle and chased the garbage truck and finally we reached the front of the garbage truck and threw a huge chunk of garbage which made the garbage truck stop and the cake with the key flung out and reached the mayor's hand. The mayor's reputation was saved and a new cake was made... So that's the story!

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Sreelakshmi!

    It is Charlotte here from the SLJ commenting team!

    WOW! Not only did you create a fantastic map of an imaginary town, but you also wrote a wonderful story to go along with it!! You should feel very proud of yourself!

    The map you made is great! You have included roads, parks, supermarkets and a school! All the things needed in a great town!

    The story you wrote was incredibly engaging!! I was trying to figure out the mystery the whole time! You have a real talent for writing stories. Do you write many stories? How do you get inspired?

    Because of the map you made, and the wonderful story you wrote to go along with it, I am going to label this as an OUTSTANDING post!! Pai mahi!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte,
    Thank You for commenting on my blog... I really appreciate this so much... I'm glad you like my map and my story. Yes I write heaps of stories. I think the purpose of writing is to find yourself in what you write and to know that all your stories that you write will lead through you forever. Thank You Once again :) :) :)

    Kind Regards,
    Sreelakshmi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Sreelakshmi!

      You're more than welcome! It is so great that you like writing. Wow that is a beautiful idea. Writing can be a powerful tool in figuring who you are and where you stand in the world, right?

      Ngā mihi nui,
      Charlotte :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Charlotte,
    Thank You for commenting on my blog Once again... I agree with you writing can be a powerful tool in figuring who you are and where you stand in the world :) :) :)...

    Kind Regards,
    Sreelakshmi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.