Friday 21 January 2022

Summer Learning Journey - Who is Simon Summerston?

Do you know who Simon Summerston is? Have you ever seen Simon Summerston? Where is Simon Summerston? Did Simon Summerston lose his bag? Well it's certainly time to find out how and why! Like every other person Simon was preparing for his BIG trip to go to New Zealand. He had already taken his first vaccination and was ready to take his second too... Simon had everything he needed for his BIG trip. But he couldn't find his backpack soon after he had packed everything in. That's why we are here to find out the mystery and who did it! Let me explain to you today's activity... Today's activity was to learn about someone's bag and to use our detective skills to try and find out who the bag belongs to. Our create part was to make an news report to find the owner. But I just made a portfolio about Simon Summerston on google slides. Back to the story! It all started when I got this call for my second vaccination dose. I left my backpack on the couch with my cat Nacho. Little did I know Nacho had mischief under his sleeves. Nacho was up to no good. Since I'm leaving for a trip that means someone has to look after Nacho. So I asked Granny my neighbour to look after him. Sometimes when I'm gone Granny takes care of Nacho. Nacho hates Granny because she treats him like a little baby singing him lullabies and one time Granny actually made him go to sleep in a baby's crib and Nacho absolutely hated every second of it. So this time when I went to get my vaccine I didn't leave Nacho with Granny. But that was a real CAT-astrophe... Nacho knew I was leaving. So that meant he had to stay with Granny until I get back from my BIG trip to New Zealand. So Nacho jumped up on the couch and with his paw slightly moved it to his cat house and sat there. I've gotta be honest that was a very good hiding spot. When I came back the only thing I wanted to do was eat some Nachos and Guacamole with my pet cat Nacho. Nacho knew if he came out I would see my backpack in his cat house. So because Nacho didn't want to come out I gave it to him in his cat house. Nacho my pet cat loves Guacamole and Nachos. Nacho is a very messy eater. I wanted to check if I had everything in my backpack for my BIG trip. I went over to the couch to only find that my backpack was missing! I searched high and low but my backpack was nowhere to be seen. With a bit of hope I called Sreelakshmi the detective. She said she will be here soon. So I waited... I played Amongus to pass the time... She finally came she asked me a few questions like ''Do you know anybody who you think might have done this?'' When she asked this question to me Nacho kept staring and Nacho was acting very SUS at that moment. I looked at Nacho's cat house and I saw crumbs of the Nachos that I gave him. So I thought of cleaning it up. But I didn't think for once that those crumbs might lead to something very BIG. Nacho knew I was heading to his cat house. So when I reached his cat house he gave me a humongus SCRATCH! Oww Oww Oww. I couldn't bear the pain and I rushed to get a bandage. Detective Sreelakshmi looked very closely and saw something under Nacho she picked him up and saw a backpack. She asked me ''Is this your backpack?'' I said ''Yes!'' She told me how she had found this under Nacho. Sadly for Nacho there were security cameras around the house that I installed yesterday. So I saw the whole footage. I kind of felt sad for Nacho so thanks to Detective Sreelakshmi I went to New Zealand with Nacho... Our favourite part was going on walks in the park in New Zealand!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Sreelakshmi,

    Great work completing the Who's Bag is it? Activity! You have created such a detailed profile of Simon - well done.

    Great work writing such an interesting and creative story about Simon's journey! What do you think he looks like?

    Did you enjoy thinking like a detective in this activity? It looks like you were able to put all the clues together and understand who Simon is. Did you still have any questions about Simon? Any mysteries left unsolved?

    Keep up the awesome mahi, I hope you have enjoyed the Summer Learning Journey.

    Ngā mihi,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren,
    Thank You for commenting on my blog... I really appreciate this so much... I think Simon Summerston looks like a regular guy and has a nice personality. Yes I absolutely loved thinking like a detective in this activity. Yes I still have a few questions left... What part of New Zealand will Simon Summerston travel to? How did he actually lose his backpack? Why is he going to NZ? If he is leaving to a country shouldn't he have toothpaste, money food or tooth brush in his backpack? I hope I can find out the answers to my questions... Thank You Once again :) :) :)...

    Kind Regards,
    Sreelakshmi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.