Tuesday 16 November 2021

Have you ever seen a rangoli before?

You might be wondering what a rangoli is right by the title. If you don't well I'm here explain. In our class we have been celebrating Diwali and making a rangoli. Firstly People in North India celebrate a day called Diwali. What is Diwali? Diwali is a the celebration of the festival of lights. It is mainly celebrated by Hindus, Jains, Sikhs, Muslims and some Buddhists. Diwali lasts for five days. There is a story behind Diwali which is where Diwali is the day Lord Rama, his wife Sita Devi and brother Lakshmana return to their homeland after 14 years in exile. The villagers lit a path for Rama, who had defeated the demon king Ravana After he slayed the demon, Lord Krishna declared it a day of festivities. Now you now what diwali is...Now I will talk about what a rangoli is. Rangoli is an art of decoration drawn on the floor or the entrances of homes. It is thought to bring good luck, prosperity on the house and in the family, and to welcome guests. Some mothers in India do this activity every morning, or on a special festive occasion like Diwali, Onam, and Pongal. This is my rangoli that I created with my group. We had the option to do on our devices, paper or with chalk on the ground. My group choose to do it on the ground. My group found it challenging to get ideas to make our design of our rangoli. My group enjoyed drawing our rangoli patterns. 



Check it out!!!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Sreelakshmi,

    Wow Sreelakshmi! These are some fabulous rangoli that you have designed and created. You have reflected on your learning really well and have explained what you had to do for the learning task well. Tion pai!

    Ma te wa,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Hickling, Thank You for commenting on my blog...I'm glad you like my blog post...

    Ma te wa,
    Sreelakshmi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.